Aquarius New Moon 19 Aquarius 16′
It’s a muggy Sunday morning here in Sydney (the humidity is about 312%), and I’m about to break from my writing schedule to do a top to tail clean of the house. It’s Chinese New Year tomorrow, you see, and part of the superstition (is that the right word? Don’t write to me…) around this is to go into the new year with a clean slate. You should also go in with clean hair as washing your hair in the first couple of days of the new year can wash your prosperity away. Now I know where I went wrong last year.
A new Chinese lunar year, means a new moon for us all- and that new moon is in Aquarius…so here’s something I prepared last year- with some tweaks and changes to bring it up to date.
Gong xi fa cai- happiness and prosperity…
For the last few weeks I’ve been in a Fitbit challenge with a group of women I’ve never met. It’s not so much about who wins (or loses) our workweek challenges, but more about how we cheer and motivate each other to get to our 10,000 steps a day. I came into the group sideways through a podcast run by someone I’ve got to know through social media and our shared interest in cookbooks. We’ve been in a (almost every week) fitbit challenge for the last year or so.
Anyways, she featured one of the women on the podcast, we got chatting on twitter, and now we’re doing the cheering thing on fitbit.
Just like these women, you may never have met the people you talk to daily on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, but they’re in your life for a reason. We’ve all connected for a reason.
Everyone that we connect with teaches us something about ourselves, and- good or bad- is there any better gift? Perhaps the greatest challenge we have is to grow into our own skin…to become who we need to be…who we are meant to be.
Sure we have issues around fear, and desire, and hunger and power, but at the end of the day, the only person whose opinion of us really matters to us is our own.
Most of the time we don’t think too much about this. Why would we? Every so often though, something rings our bell. An issue with authority, someone threatening our independence, someone forcing us into the category they believe we should be in, a cause we passionately want to band together with others to pursue.
Yes, what I’m talking about here is the Uranian story. It tends to come up each time transiting Uranus triggers something in your chart, or each time Uranus itself is triggered.
To an extent it’s also being triggered now- at the Aquarius New Moon.
Wherever 19 Aquarius 16’ (or thereabouts) is in your chart is where issues of independence, individuality, attitude to authority, conformity and connectivity are being raised. It’s also where you now have an opportunity to set intentions to tweak these issues.
The thing about New Moons is that it’s dark- you don’t know what’s around the corner. You have to take the first steps into the dark without knowing what’s around the corner.
The other thing about New Moons is, very often nothing happens to you, it happens within you. You’re the one who needs to set the intention and see what happens. With Mars and Neptune conjunct at this New Moon, both focusing and acting could be easier said than done…so imagine it, create it, think beyond what is beyond.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
Some suggestions are below, but make like Aquarius and think future, think authentic, and think outside the box. What can you do over the next 28 days to change this situation? Are there any quick wins to be had? Think outside your normal boxes for this one, and reach out. If you’ve been neglecting friends- even your virtual ones- now is the time to make a little effort to stay in touch.
- If Aquarius falls in your 11th, you might need to ask yourself whether your hopes and dreams are truly yours, or are you conforming to someone else’s idea of what you should be aiming for.
- If Aquarius is in the 7th, look at your relationships. Do you have freedom to move, to breathe, to be yourself? Is this a conversation you need to be having with someone else? What about the 1st? Does your personal style fit who you are, or are you wearing the uniform of someone else?
- What if the New Moon falls into the 8th house, you might be concerned about, say, your credit card debts. Are you spending too much of other people’s money? Do you want to feel more in control over this part of your life? Maybe a good 4 week goal might be to monitor your spending, or consolidate your credit cards, perhaps see a financial advisor, take responsibility for your own actions.
- If the New Moon falls into the 4th house, you might find your concerns are around home- how secure, stable and comfortable you feel, whether you feel that past conditioning is somehow holding you back from what you want to do now. Maybe home is draining your energy rather than replenishing it. Consider any quick improvements you can make, perhaps read up on feng shui to see how you can improve the flow of positive energy, maybe see a counsellor over family related problems. A quick fix might be a clean up or de-cluttering session.
Want a shortcut?
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon falls in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces this New Moon falls in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon falls in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon falls in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon falls in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer this New Moon falls in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Leo this New Moon falls in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon falls in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon falls in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon falls in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon falls in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon falls in your 2nd house.
Often times absolutely nothing will happen…or seem to happen…even if you are receiving a direct contact. When it comes to the moon, the effects are usually quite subtle.
If you haven’t been doing so, why not try journaling your lunar journey- you’ll be surprised how, in hindsight, more has been going on than you might have thought.