Regular readers might know that I’m a bit of a pop music tragic. I use songs and lyrics to explain certain feelings or situations. In fact, up until a couple of years ago, all my blog post titles for lunations and planets in signs used to be just that – song lyrics. If I was still doing that, This New Moon, the Sagittarius New Moon would be titled “The Whole Of The Moon” because that song by The Waterboys is exactly what this New Moon feels like.
I spoke about wings - You just flew
I wondered, I guessed and I tried – You just knew
I sighed - And you swooned
I saw the crescent -You saw the whole of the moon
The New Moon in Sagittarius is about hope, spontaneity, optimism, faith and adventure. Wherever it falls in your chart is where you need an injection of these things. For that reason, this is one of my favourite New Moons of the year. It’s the opportunists New Moon. It’s not so much glass half full or half empty, it’s, ‘wow that half was great and now there’s room for more, so fill me up!’
Sagittarius is the Seeker, the Optimist, the Gypsy, the Student of Life and the Preacher of Faith. It follows that wherever Sagittarius falls in your chart is where you are being asked to seek out people and experiences to help you expand beyond your comfort zone on this great adventure we call Life. It’s where you actively look for the horizon, focus on the future and the possibility of possibility, and ask the bigger questions.
Every so often we need to re-discover this part of ourselves – the part that will take a little (measured) risk, the part that wants to be excited by what’s next, the part that wants your heart to race (even just a little) at what you have just (or soon will) experienced.
The New Moon is your reminder to do just that. It can be like a recharge on your faith and excitement switch so if life is feeling a tad so-so, you have the opportunity to do something about it. Notice I said you have the opportunity to something about it? Yep, as with all new starts, passivity simply won’t cut it.
It doesn’t need to be difficult – it could be as simple as trying a new cuisine next time you eat out or, pick up a book on a different subject.
The other thing with the New Moon in Sagittarius is that you might be less afraid to look up and out, to take that leap of faith. Maybe you feel you have outgrown your present situation? Maybe it’s time to take the reins into your hands and gallop off into the sunset? Maybe it’s time to be honest with yourself and those around you? Maybe it’s time to reach for the Moon? Take a magic carpet ride? Dream big? There is no limit to the possibilities.
Doing it for yourself…
As you probably know by now, this site isn’t about telling you what will happen, but rather giving you the tools to attempt to identify the themes for yourself. That’s the DIY part of the tagline. If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 26 Sagittarius 31’, or thereabouts. This is the area of life that you’re being asked to expand, learn and grow through experience. It’s where you have the opportunity to push some personal boundaries.
This is the 10th house for me and is square my Moon. I’ve been spending a lot of time lately thinking about “self-care” and what I want to do – professionally – that will make my heart sing. It’s those things I’ll be setting intentions around this month. I’ll be writing them down with the Sagittarian spark of freedom and soaring dreams in mind. The sky is not the limit and boundaries are there to be leapt over.
The Moon is natally in my 1st house and rules my 5th, so as always my New moon story will have an outcome in the 5th In order to be true to my Moon, the goals I’ll set for my career will have 5th house creativity in mind.
As for you? Find where 26 Sagittarius is in your chart.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post. Because we’re talking about Sagittarius, think about the big picture and pretend there are no fences in the way. You can plan the steps out next month when Capricorn hosts the New Moon.
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
Sagittarius New Moon 18 December 2017 at around 4.30pm Eastern Daylight Saving Time. That will make it about:
- 3.30 pm in Queensland,
- 6.30pm in New Zealand,
- 1.30pm in Western Australia and much of South East Asia,
- 5.30am in London and
- 12.30am in New York
- 9.30pm on the 17th in Los Angeles