Gemini New Moon 22 Gemini 44′
June 14 5.44am (AEST), 7.44am (NZ), 3.44am (WA, SE Asia), and June 13 in the US and UK…or thereabouts…
In my lunch break from the day job today I went looking for inspiration – something to write about the upcoming Gemini New Moon.
What did I write for last year’s Gemini New Moon? The answer was nothing.
The Gemini New Moon in 2016? Nope. Nothing there either. Mind you, this time two years ago I was in a whole world of stress-induced pain – but we’re not going there.
The thing is, Gemini season is one I have problems with – there seems to be too much noise, too much conversation, too many people wanting to “talk about it.” As someone with no planets in air signs, when there’s this much noise around my head feels as though it can explode – there aren’t enough compartments in my brain to keep it all in. I love catching up, but for some reason, at this time of the year, I tend to search for more quiet. As for “talking about it?” No, thank you very much.
I have to be in Sydney for work and family reasons next week and I’m dreading it – not just because I especially love my little piece of Queensland paradise in the winter, but also because I have to be social and I’m just not feeling it. Of course, I’ll be fine once I’m there and in the middle of the (overdue) catch-ups – it’s just the thought of it I’m having problems with.
Gemini is fourth house for me and at this time of the year I want to hibernate a tad – okay, possibly more than a tad. That’s not to say that I don’t pay homage to my inner Gemini at this time of the year – I absolutely do but in my way.
My journal is currently full of reminders, thought prompters, story ideas, post subjects, tv shows that I’ve been recommended, books I should read, music I need to find time to listen to. I’m playing podcasts while I’m tapping away in the day job and every one of them is giving me another snippet of curiosity to follow. There is so much information around, and something interesting around every corner. And I’m following it all – without leaving my space…how very Gemini in the 4thhouse of me.
We all have Gemini somewhere in our chart and that’s the part of life that at this New Moon is calling for you to follow your curiosity. It’s also about looking at that part of your chart and asking yourself how you can do it better or differently.
This isn’t just about your message or communication, but the effectiveness of that. You might be listening, but is it just words you’re listening to? What about non-verbal communication – are you listening to that too? The spaces in the words, the gaps in the conversation, the silences – are you listening to that? While I’m on the subject when was the last time you turned everything off? Stood in the line for the bus without looking at your phone? Took in a scene – no, really took it in – without taking a photo for Instagram and moving on? Yeah, me neither.
Try it and see (no pun intended) what you’re missing.
Communication is about more than you being heard – it’s also about giving others a fair hearing, about understanding that others learn and comprehend in a different way to you, that you might need to adjust your method of communication and the words you use in order to properly understand what others are trying to say. It’s about asking the questions you need to ask and admitting that (heaven forbid) you might not actually know it all and there is more to learn from people that you might have closed yourself off from.
This New Moon, the Gemini New Moon, will bring a new approach, new information, and possibly a new perspective to an existing situation that has been, well, going around in circles or blocking you from seeing what you need to see. Your challenge is to perceive that.
It’s a bit like taking a selfie and having a good hard look at yourself and the message you’re sending yourself.
You might want to ask yourself questions like:
- How can you nurture your ideas and dreams?
- Are you being heard?
- What is it you’re not seeing or understanding?
- Are you actively listening to and learning from others?
- What is it that’s blocking your ability to express yourself right now? What are you prepared to do about it?
- Do you have a chip on your shoulder that you’re projecting outwards?
- What ideas, perceptions or viewpoints are you resisting that need to be explored?
- Are there new skills or concepts that you can study? What’s stopping you?
- Is there a part of you that believes that you’re not smart enough? What fears are driving this? What small steps can you take now to begin to overcome this?
The answers to these questions won’t be gained from noise – especially not from the white noise that invades our heads. This sort of understanding comes from stillness and listening, really listening to the absence of noise, to what your heart is telling you.
Give it a try, and make your wishes and intentions. Write them down. What are you waiting for?
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 22 Gemini 44’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets that will inspire you. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide below. Of course, if you do know where Gemini is in your chart, you won’t need this:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, This New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, This New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, This New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, This New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, This New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, This New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, This New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, This New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, This New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, This New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, This New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, This New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
Often times absolutely nothing will happen…or seem to happen…even if you are receiving a direct contact. When it comes to the moon, the effects are usually quite subtle.
If you haven’t been doing so, why not try journaling your lunar journey – you’ll be surprised how, in hindsight, more has been going on than you might have thought.