Venus is about to move into Virgo- a sign she’s not particularly comfortable in. Venus in Virgo is in what traditional astrologers term the sign of her fall (remember back to this Toolbox?). This doesn’t mean that Venus is weak in Virgo, it means that she is in a position where she can’t use her strength, in a place which is alien to her. She has no essential dignity in Virgo.
Venus in Virgo often can’t appreciate just how beautiful she really is – or how perfect she is just as she is.
Venus loves pleasure – and the things and activities that bring us pleasure or that we find pleasure in. What she doesn’t like is too much hard work, conflict, sacrifice, deprivation, efficiency and details. Venus likes to be served, not be the servant, yet when she’s in Virgo, she’s called upon to be more, shall we say, useful and practical. This is not a bad thing – indeed, there is pleasure to be found in Virgo rituals.
Anyways, if you want to know more about Venus in Virgo, I just happened to have prepared something (much) earlier. You’ll find it here, but as I get more “I’m not like that” mail in response to Virgo posts than any other…except maybe for anything about Capricorn or Taurus (yep, the other earth signs) it comes with the following disclaimers:
- You might or not be exactly like the textbook – please please please resist the temptation to take it literally
- Not all Venus in Virgo people like to clean – some give up and go the opposite way…and beat themselves up about it
- Not all Venus in Virgo people are slim and trim and can wear white (and have it stay white) – some go the opposite way…and beat themselves up about it
- As with all things astrological, there can be variations according to individual chart composition and placements
- There are exceptions to every rule
- This post probably contains some typos – please don’t write and tell me so
- Remember that much of what I write (especially what I have just written) is written tongue in cheek – I take very little seriously
Having said all of that, if you’re a Virgo woman (or love one), have Venus in Virgo, or Venus in close aspect to Mercury (especially by conjunction or trine) you might want to read this. Again, you’ll find it here.
Doing it for yourself…
We all have Virgo somewhere in our chart, and it’s this part of life that Venus will be bestowing her presence on. It’s this part of life that you’ll find pleasure in- yes, even when Venus is in Virgo.
The thing is, Venus in Virgo pleasures are relatively simple- no huge gestures are required here- and can be found in everyday life and tasks.
Think about the rituals associated with your Virgo house. If Virgo falls in the 4th, it could be time to spring-clean or declutter. If Virgo is your 1st house, maybe the spring-cleaning and decluttering needs to happen with your attitude.
Whatever and wherever Virgo means for you though, rather than resent the task at hand, look for the enjoyment in it.
In my chart, while in Virgo, Venus will be transiting the 7th house. This is my annual reminder to show (rather than tell) my husband how much he – and our relationship – means to me. It’s also a reminder to me not to be too critical. With Virgo on the cusp of my 7th, I can sometimes look for things that are wrong when everything is actually pretty ok. With Pluto right on my descendant, I’ll then obsess over tiny things, and with my Sun opposite all, I’ll usually then take it personally. Hmmmm.
If you have your chart already, look for the symbol for Venus, now find Virgo on your chart. This post will help you do that.
If you don’t have your chart, read this post on how to get one.
If you don’t know what the houses mean, check out series 1 of the Toolbox or this post.
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, Venus will be transiting your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, Venus will be transiting your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, Venus will be transiting your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, Venus will be transiting your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, Venus will be transiting your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, Venus will be transiting your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Pisces, Venus will be transiting your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, Venus will be transiting your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, Venus will be transiting your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, Venus will be transiting your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, Venus will be transiting your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, Venus will be transiting your 2nd house.
Venus will be in Virgo until 14/10/17.