Venus is about to move back into Scorpio – a sign she’s not particularly comfortable in. Venus in Scorpio is in what traditional astrologers term the sign of her detriment(remember back to this Toolbox?). This doesn’t mean that Venus is weak in Scorpio, it means that she is in a position where she can’t use her strength, in a place which is alien to her. She has no essential dignity in Scorpio.
Venus loves pleasure, beauty, art, food, attracting. What she doesn’t like is too much intensity, focus and sharp edges. Venus likes to attract, and in Mars-ruled Scorpio, she is magnetic. Venus likes to lightly and gracefully skate across the surface, in Scorpio she goes deeper to a place that is darker than she would like.
Anyways, if you want to know more about Venus in Scorpio, I just happened to have prepared something (much) earlier. You’ll find it here.
Venus has already been through here this year – back in September before she turned retrograde. Have a think about whatever was going on for you back then, as similar themes could be coming back up now.
Doing it for yourself…
We all have Scorpio somewhere in our chart, and it’s this part of life that Venus will be bestowing her presence on. It’s this part of life that you’ll find pleasure in – yes, even when Venus is in intensely focused Scorpio. Don’t be surprised over the next few weeks if you’re no longer pleased with the watered down option, or the almost there’s. Under Scorpio Venus is not satisfies with second best – nor is she in a mood to compromise.
If you have a particular obsession with something, you’ll probably want to be indulging that a tad now. If so, whether it be shoes, love, lust or something else entirely – take care not to obsess past a stage that is healthy for you.
Whereas you might have been inclined to socialize a lot under Venus in Libra, Venus in Scorpio is more about one-on-one occasions…so to speak…and not necessarily what you’re thinking- Venus in Scorpio prefers to catch up with close friends and talk about what’s really happening in their lives rather than skim the surface in a larger gathering.
Think about your relationship with whatever part of life Scorpio signifies for you. Have you been lying to yourself or to a significant other? Perhaps you’ve been hiding something away – or hiding from something. When Venus is in Scorpio all relationships require honesty. If it’s your first house that Venus is transiting through, think about your relationship with yourself. If it’s the 2nd, consider your relationship with money. Are you valuing yourself as highly as you need to be? If it’s the 7th, it’s honesty in relationships with partners that are important. In the 10th, what can you do to improve your relationship with your career, your boss, your job, your public persona? Are you pretending in any way? What can you do to make your work life more pleasurable?
Get the idea?
In my chart, Venus will begin her transit of Scorpio in the 8th house and finish it in the 9th. The 8th is about (amongst other things) debts, investments, inheritances. I’ll be using this first half of the transit to get some financials up to date. Somehow I doubt there’ll be much pleasure in it. More appropriately, I’ve recently enrolled in some online course around self-publishing and marketing and advertising on platforms such as Amazon and Facebook. I’m looking forward to getting stuck right into those. I think my 2nd house Venus in Aries would be happy.
If you have your chart already, look for Scorpio on your chart. This post will help you do that.
If you don’t have your chart, read this post on how to get one.
If you don’t know what the houses mean, check out series 1 of the Toolbox or this post.
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, Venus will be transiting your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, Venus will be transiting your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, Venus will be transiting your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, Venus will be transiting your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, Venus will be transiting your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, Venus will be transiting your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Taurus, Venus will be transiting your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, Venus will be transiting your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, Venus will be transiting your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, Venus will be transiting your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, Venus will be transiting your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, Venus will be transiting your 2nd house.
Venus will be in Scorpio until 7/1/19.