Full Moon 22 April, 2016 2 Scorpio 30′
At the rugby in Wellington the other weekend, there was a little bit of argey-bargey in the 60th minute- mostly shoving…no punches were thrown. Across the loudspeaker played the chorus from Let It Go– that sickly sweet song from Frozen. It was perfect for the moment and absolutely hilarious.
It gave me the idea for this post. You see, these last few weeks and months my heart has been a flutter. Literally…but I’m on medication for that now.
Things are beginning to settle down on the home-front, or come to a conclusion of sorts around my husbands’ job. It’s taken a couple of years and a very messy couple of months to get to this point, but I’ll be able to tell you more about it by the New Moon in two weeks.
There’s so much fear around this change, around the other changes that are pending. It’s been the sort of fear that has me sitting bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night with my heart pounding through my chest.
All the what-ifs are going through my brain, and each time I think on them or dwell on them, I feel that tell tale flutter of heart-stopping fear. During my daylight hours I know in my bones that everything will work out ok, that this is all the start of a new and different adventure, but the nights are a different scenario.
As the chaos has been mounting in my work life and at home, I’m grabbing at whatever I can and holding it too close. It’s like reading the last page of a book so you know the ending; googling for spoiler alerts so you’re prepared for the shock; asking endless questions of pendulums and horary charts and magic 8 balls until the Universe yells “enough already!” Not that I do any of that…of course…
It’s ridiculous, but it’s what I do: “own” other people’s stuff, take on the responsibility for things I shouldn’t, attempt to control outcomes that I know logically I can’t. It’s why I’m currently as strung out as I am. The stuff that is happening is completely outside of my control. I can’t seem to let it go. Yet, let it go and allow it to play out as it will I know I must. Otherwise it will literally make me sick. It already is- as I said, I’m on medication now for scarily high blood pressure. In order to be well, I have to let go.
The Full Moon in Scorpio is all about facing fears and letting them go, waving them goodbye. It’s about letting go of control and trusting the outcome. It’s about releasing something (or someone) to allow something else to come in. It’s about letting go to see what’s underneath. It’s about letting go to let it be the way that it will be. It’s about watching a movie without the spoilers, and reading the whole book before flicking to the end.
Doing it for yourself…
For a refresher of the steps, check out this post or click onto the Full Moon pic on the side-bar.
Where is this happening for you? Does the Full Moon make any aspects to planets or points in your chart?
- If you have planets at 0-4 degrees of Scorpio, they will be conjunct the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 0-4 Taurus, they will be opposite the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 0-4 Aquarius or Leo, they will be square the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 0-4 Cancer or Pisces, they will be trine the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 0-4 Virgo or Capricorn, they will be sextile the Full Moon
Don’t forget to include chart points as well (ie house cusps- especially the 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th).
2 Scorpio 30’ is in my 8th house and conjunct my Mars. Mars is often about action and endings, and I know that that is the theme for this Full Moon for me. Deep, intense, raw, emotional, to the bone endings.
The areas of life that are under the spotlight are the 8th and the 2nd. There have been decisions that have had to have been made around money, debt, investments and weighed against income, priorities, self-respect, stress and basic deal-breaking values.
Using basic transit theory:
- I’ll start to feel this in the 1st and 8th houses (where the Moon and Mars fall natally for me).
- The action will all be 8th house stuff (the house where the Full Moon falls)
- The outcome will be in the 5th, 2nd and 9th houses (the houses ruled by the Moon and Mars)
I have my own theories how this will pan out- especially when combined with Pluto finishing his transit of my 10th, Saturn lurking around the MC, and Uranus still conjunct my 2nd house Venus.
If you’re not sure where this is for you, check out the info below, and refer back to Series 1 of the Toolbox for pointers on what each of the houses means, then reflect on how this could be manifesting for you.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this Full Moon falls in your 7th house. Look to the 1st for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this Full Moon falls in your 6th house. Look to the 12th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this Full Moon falls in your 5th house. Look to the 11th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this Full Moon falls in your 4th house. Look to the 10th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this Full Moon falls in your 3rd house. Look to the 9th for balance.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Libra, this Full Moon falls in your 2nd house. Look to the 8th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this Full Moon falls in your 1st house. Look to the 7th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this Full Moon falls in your 12th house. Look to the 6th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this Full Moon falls in your 11th house. Look to the 5th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this Full Moon falls in your 10th house. Look to the 4th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this Full Moon falls in your 9th house. Look to the 3rd for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries this Full Moon falls in your 8th house. Look to the 2nd for balance.