I’ve just got back from a two-week road trip covering over 3600 kms. If you’re interested, I’ve written about it over on my author site. We’ve travelled from the Sunshine Coast in South-East Queensland down to the Snowy Mountains in southern New South Wales and back again – a different way.
The primary purpose for the trip was to meet up with my brother and his family at a bush block in Eucumbene. Normally at this time of the year, there’s snow down there, but not this year, although the snow started as we were leaving – isn’t that always the way?
In any case, being in the outdoors with no cell phone reception is a fabulous way to recharge creatively. I came back with so many ideas – and one for a major new project that, in the interests of Mercury and Mars still being retrograde, I’ll mull over a tad more. It is, however, occupying way too much of my thinking time!
Leo, ruled by the Sun, is about ego, self-expression, creativity. It follows then, that the Leo New Moon is the most creative of new starts.
With Leo, though, the fear of potential exposure of someone standing up and pointing the finger and exposing you as a fraud is ever present. Wherever Leo is in your chart is where this matters. This is where it’s extra hard to risk a no to get a yes. Your challenge is to find heart, strength and courage without losing yourself in the process. The key here is not to lose sight of the things that make your heart sing.
The thing is, we’re all a work in progress as we go about creating the version of ourselves that we want to create. This is at the heart of Leo. Yet doing this, expressing this- our talents, passions, voice – all require you to take risks. And taking these risks requires a great big, brave heart.
Check out where this falls in your chart. It is that part of life where you are being asked to look for courage and strength but above all self-expression, generosity and creativity. It is where you are being asked to follow your heart and be who you are, not who you should be. There is a difference.
Think about this. Think about the things and people you have fun with. Have you forgotten how to play? When setting your intentions for this New Moon, consider these questions and set yourself a challenge – to do something fun, to play a little (or a lot)…because you want to…because you’re worth it.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 18 Leo 42’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post. One other thing, Jupiter is square this New Moon and Neptune is trine Jupiter. When you’re setting your intentions, make sure that they’re big ones – and that they align to your dreams.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
As for me? Using whole signs (as I am these days) this New Moon falls in my 6thhouse. The intentions I’m setting are around my health and my heart. I am, however, being creative about that.
I do have some other creative projects on the go as well – don’t I always? – which I’m champing at the bit to get started on. How I’ll fit them in amongst everything else? I guess that’s where some healthy balance will need to come into it…and I’ve never been great with balance or moderation!