As I always do at the New Moon, I went back to what I’d written for last year’s Leo New Moon – I’ve mentioned before that my New Moon posts are a little like my New Moon journals, haven’t I? (As an aside, if you need a reason to keep an astro journal, I’ve talked a bit about them here.)
Anyways, as I was saying, I went back to last year’s post to check in on the intentions I’d set for that cycle:
- Publish two fiction novels- Wish You Were Here and I Want You Back- launch on all platforms
- Publish an astro e-book putting together all the Toolbox classes- launching it to Amazon only
- Re-do the cover for Baby, It’s You and launch it to ibooks, Kobo and print on demand
- Launch Big Girls Don’t Cry on Kobo and print on demand
- Market the crap out of all of it!
I’ve done some of these things:
- Wish You Were Here is out on Amazon and print on demand
- I Want You Back is off to the editors at the end of next week
- My astro ebook is still on the way, but very much underway
- I’ve redone the cover for Baby, It’s You
I haven’t launched on multi platforms yet – and nor have I marketed the crap out of any of it…which is probably why I’m not making any money from it. Derrr.
Before I begin getting overly tough on myself, what I have achieved in the background of a full-time corporate job, a life and an interstate move over the last 12 months has been pretty awesome – if I do say so myself.
Aside from the above, I’ve taken risks that have shaken my emotional security to the core – very 5th house. The biggest of those has been the decision to move here to the Sunshine Coast – in the process leaving all my birth family behind in Sydney and cutting more than a few ties to the past.
In just a few weeks I’ll be taking another risk – combining my two passions – astrology and romance writing – on a stage in front of other romance writers at the annual conference. I’m scared stupid, but also very excited.
I said in my post last year that I feel more secure in my personal and creative energy than I did 10 years ago. That statement feels even more true now.
I was talking with a friend only on Thursday about emotional vulnerability and how there’s this idea that in making ourselves vulnerable or showing our white underbelly (so to speak) that we’re also making ourselves weaker. Yet, sometimes choosing to be vulnerable, taking that risk, can be the bravest thing you do. Where’s the weakness in that?
The thing is, we’re all a work in progress as we go about creating the version of ourselves that we want to create. This is at the heart of Leo. Yet doing this, expressing this- our talents, passions, voice- all require you to take risks. And taking these risks requires a great big, brave heart.
Leo, ruled by the Sun, is about ego, self-expression, creativity. It follows then, that the Leo New Moon is the most creative of new starts.
With Leo, though, the fear of potential exposure of someone standing up and pointing the finger and exposing you as a fraud is ever present. Wherever Leo is in your chart is where this matters. This is where it’s extra hard to risk a no to get a yes. Your challenge is to find heart, strength and courage without losing yourself in the process. The key here is not to lose sight of the things that make your heart sing.
Check out where this falls in your chart. It is that part of life where you are being asked to look for courage and strength, but above all self-expression, generosity and creativity. It is where you are being asked to follow your heart and be who you are, not who you should be. There is a difference.
Think about this. Think about the things and people you have fun with. Have you forgotten how to play? When setting your intentions for this New Moon, consider these questions and set yourself a challenge- to do something fun, to play a little (or a lot)…because you want to…because you’re worth it.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 0 Leo 45’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post. One other thing, Mars will be conjunct this New Moon, adding some extra oomph…and he’s a Mars that after time spent with soggy feet in Cancer, is ready and raring to go.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
As for me? Using whole signs (as I am these days) this New Moon falls in my 5th house and trines Saturn – almost exactly – and squares Mars. Saturn is on the cusp of the 2nd house at 0 Aries. My husband has just gone back to work – which means some of the financial pressure we’d had is now off us. It also will, in a few months, free me to step back and concentrate on my creative work.
Saturn rules my 11th house, Mars my 2nd and 9th, and the Moon my 5th, so that is where the end point of this transit will be felt. As I did last year, I’m setting creative goals for the next 12 months. Because Mars is involved, I’m stretching myself:
- Publish three fiction novels and launch on all platforms
- Publish Toolbox Parts 1 and 2
- Publish an ebook about Jupiter
- Actually send out monthly newsletters for both this and my author platform
- Market the crap out of all of it!
- Make inroads into an astro project that I’m not quite ready to talk about just yet…
The New Moon is exact at 7.45pm July 23, East Coast Australia time. For those of you in the Northern hemisphere, that makes it either Saturday night or early Sunday morning- depending on where you are…