Capricorn New Moon
26 Capricorn 54’
17/1/18 1.17pm (Sydney time AEDT)
Capricorn New Moons are always about goals. I tend to think there’s a bit of a coincidence that they appear at the time of the year that you’re setting new goals and intentions…conspiracy theory anyone? (She asks, waggling her eyebrows in a rather creepy way).
Capricorn New Moons are also always about patience and hope. Yes, you read that right too. After all, what is a goal other than a hope or a dream with a little structure and reality worked into it? A hope or a dream that you’re prepared to wait for, to work for?
Capricorn is also about resources- your personal ones and those that are at your disposal. Think about your energy levels and how and where you are employing them and how you might be depleting them. Where have you been so focused on achieving and measuring up that you’ve forgotten how to relax?
If you’re the type who is into intentions rather than goals, avoid stating what you don’t want, or what you want to lose – at this time of the year, the Universe is especially busy multi-tasking and doesn’t have time to sit around waiting to hear all the little words. It’s a little like when I say to my dog:
‘Hi Kali, after I finish editing this chapter, if the weather holds, we’ll go for a walk.’
‘Blah Kali, blah blah blah blah walk.’
Using this logic, ‘I want to lose 20 kgs,’ could be construed as ‘blah 20 kgs.’
I took my time this year coming up with my word of the year, my writing goals, and my resolutions. Last year felt like there was a lot of hard work for very little (financial) reward. I suppose that’s to be expected from a Saturn year. This year I’m hoping to capitalise on that work – the fields that have already been ploughed and planted…so to speak.
Doing it for yourself…
You should, if you’ve been reading along, know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site, duck across and check out this post before you go any further. Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. The types of targets you can check in on each month when the Moon is in Capricorn. The types of targets that you can look back on this time next year and pat yourself on the back for. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month.
If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon falls in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon falls in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon falls in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon falls in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon falls in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon falls in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon falls in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon falls in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon falls in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon falls in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon falls in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon falls in your 2nd house.
If you haven’t been doing so, why not try journaling your lunar journey- you’ll be surprised how, in hindsight, more has been going on than you might have thought.