Cancer New Moon and Solar Eclipse at 20 Cancer 41’
In case you’re not aware, the first of three eclipses over the next month is almost upon us. This one is in Cancer and, with Pluto sitting exactly opposite it, looks set to pack one almighty emotional punch. Now, before you all run off screaming into the night, that doesn’t necessarily equal “bad”. For the lowdown on eclipses and the nature of them, duck over and have a look at this post. Better yet, order your own personalised eclipse report from April Elliott Kent*. The link is here.
Under the Cancer Moon it is easy to dwell on the past, to hang on to an idea, a theory, a relationship, a fear, a habit long past its use by date – in fact often until it resembles something like what used to be zucchinis that you found lurking in the bottom of your fridge veggie drawer. You hold onto what you know, treasuring the memories of how it once was – or how you hoped that it would be.
And that’s all perfectly understandable – not the manky zucchinis, but the hanging on bit. What we know, the stuff in our past, the stuff from our families, whether it is good or bad, it’s comfortable. These things represent the boundaries of our comfort zone. We find ourselves clinging to them, too afraid to let go.
Yet, in order to continue to grow, to flourish, we have to let go. We have to step outside the things that make us feel comfortable and let go on our own terms. It’s about being guided by instinct, not fear.
Cancer New Moons tend to bring with them issues of mother, home, family and self- nutrition (and that doesn’t have to mean the fridge and chocolate variety) to the forefront.
Cancer New Moons are also about self-care – how we tend to look after others before looking after our own needs. Like in airline security when they tell you to fit your own mask first. It’s something we forget. It’s something we as mothers forget – and not just those of us who are mothers in the literal sense of the word, but those of us who are mothering something, anything within us or without us.
Wherever Cancer is in your chart is the area of life that is for you ruled by the Moon. It’s where you look for comfort and nurturing…and self-nurturing.
Solar eclipses are like magnified New Moons, so take all of this and multiply it.
This eclipse falls into the Saros Series 2 Old North. With the lunar eclipse on July 27, it’s the second last occurrence in a series that has been popping up every 18 years or so since 1910. The last time this cycle came around was in July 2000 at 10 Cancer and 24 Capricorn. The next – and last time – will be in 2036.
According to Bernadette Brady’s “The Eagle And The Lark”:
“This is a difficult eclipse family…You will be dealing with ideas of separation or the ending of a union. However, although the picture may look glum as the eclipse takes effect, the actual results are quite positive. You will quickly grasp what has to be done and fast action can bring good results. The theme of this eclipse is action concerning personal relationships.”
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
It’s at about this time that I share the aspects this eclipse is making to my chart and what my intentions are. To be honest, this is a tad like a chain reaction of aspects and I haven’t yet got through it to come to any meaningful intentions. I’m about to duck over to Big Sky Astrology to check out April’s cheat sheets for some ideas.
The aspects to my chart?
- Trine the Sun (exact)
- Sextile Pluto (orb 1 deg)
- Square Venus (orb 1 deg)
- Sextile Uranus (orb 2 deg)
- Trine Neptune (orb 4 deg)
- Conjunct Jupiter (orb 4 deg)
- Trine the Ascendant (orb 4 deg)
The eclipse is also likely to act as a trigger to the following longer transits which are currently exact to within half a degree:
- Pluto sextile Sun
- Pluto trine Pluto
- Pluto square Venus
- Neptune conjunct Ascendant
As for you? The position you’re looking for is 20 Cancer 41’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
- Are there any core needs that you’re over-looking? If you’re comfort eating, look at what you’re trying to avoid looking at…just saying…
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide below. Of course, if you already know which house Cancer is in for you, jump straight to there.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
Cancer New Moon, July 13, 12.48pm (or thereabouts), EST…if you’re in the northern hemisphere, this will be July 12 for you or very early July 13 – depending on your timezone.
* I receive a small percentage of every Moonshadow report ordered…