Cancer Full Moon 12 January, 2017, 21:33 (Sydney time)
Normally at this Full Moon I talk about mothering and nurturing and work- life balance. (Check out this post). Right now though, it’s about practical resources vs heart stuff.
Unless you’re new to this site or have been under a rock, we’re about to embark on a huge change – a sea- change. Our Sydney house hits the market in a couple of weeks, and soon after that our family will be separated as hubby and Miss T move north, leaving me to continue at work and finish off down here.
To say I’m torn is an under statement. In true Pisces fashion though, I haven’t realized just how much it’s affecting people other than us. My birth family is here in Sydney – all of them – and my parents aren’t getting younger. As the eldest of 4 kids, I’m used to being the responsible one and now I’m moving away. Man, there’s some guilt attached to that.
Then there are our friends. We have some great friends here. I’ll miss all of them, but it hadn’t occurred to me that they could miss me. Well, I knew a couple would, but…
It’s wrenching, but we’re doing this for some very sound and rational reasons – and also to give us, our little family, a new start.
It’s the same with the properties we’re looking at up the coast. Do we buy an established home or build a new one? What about renovation? And where? Do we invest where we know it will be a smart and sensible purchase, or buy in the beachside suburb where we don’t get as much house for our money? Some suburbs have more perceived prestige, yet (to me) have less soul. Then there’s the view that in selling out of Sydney we’re down-trading as opposed to down-sizing. Surely we should still be wanting to climb the Sydney real estate ladder? Be seen to be accumulating more? Keeping up with what others are doing. We’re too young to throw away corporate ambition. Surely that’s more important than nurturing ourselves. And yes, I’ve been told that – more than once.
It’s all head versus heart stuff. It’s also Capricorn and Cancer – and you can read more about that here.
Needless to say, none of this is making it easy to go (actually, some of it is making it very easy to go), and goodbyes are never fun. At the end of the day, however, it’s our family that we’re protecting and trying to do the best for – and that really is all that matters.
Doing it for yourself…
Ok, by now you should know the drill – here at Jo Tracey Astrology, we’re about giving you the tools to do it yourself. If, however, you’re new to this site, check out this post.
I’ve popped a solar guide below to keep things simple, but if you know where 22 Cancer 27’ falls in your chart, check that out.
As for what you can expect? By now you should also know what the general themes of each house are about, but if not- or if you’re new to this site (and welcome- it’s lovely to see you here)- you can always check out this post.
As for me? This Full Moon falls in my 5th house and will be activating the kite pattern in my chart. It’s also playing havoc with my emotional security (5th house):
- Conjunct Jupiter
- Trine Sun
- Trine Neptune
- Trine Uranus
This weekend is the last weekend we have to clean up and pack away before our home of 18 years officially goes on the market. Sure, it’s just a house, but the memories within these walls, and the uncertainty that lies ahead is really doing my head – and my heart – in. I feel like it’s all been work and no play of late. Some fun is definitely needed.
To balance this, I’m looking to my networks and my friends; and keeping a firm eye on why we’re doing this – our goals and dreams for our future. These are all 11th house concerns. As tired as I am, now is not the time to close down socially.
Oh, also active in today’s Full Moon is the Sun square Jupiter. This is one of those aspects where even if you feel as though you’ve bitten off more than you can chew – and, let’s face it, you probably have – the potential is there for you achieve stuff that you mightn’t have thought possible. I’ll be bearing that in mind as I tackle these boxes.
Anyways, enough about me, what about you?
Have a look at where this Full Moon falls in your chart, and then look at the opposite house. Eg if the Moon falls in your 6th house, check out your routines. Are they still healthy? Are your habits (6th house) bringing you undone (12th house)? Do you need some time away or alone time (12th house) to replenish your reserves? What about the opposite eg if the Full Moon is in your 12th house and you’re sabotaging yourself, it’s a sign to look at your 6th house routines. Get it?
Try it for yourself. The links in the post are there to help you. Why not write it down? A Moon journal helps you pick up patterns – and trust me, there will be patterns.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this Full Moon falls in your 1st house- look also to the 7th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this Full Moon falls in your 12th house- look also to the 6th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this Full Moon falls in your 11th house- look also to the 5th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this Full Moon falls in your 10th house- look also to the 4th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this Full Moon falls in your 9th house- look also to the 3rd house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this Full Moon falls in your 8th house- look also to the 2nd house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this Full Moon falls in your 7th house- look also to the 1st house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this Full Moon falls in your 6th house- look also to the 12th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this Full Moon falls in your 5th house- look also to the 11th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this Full Moon falls in your 4th house- look also to the 10th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this Full Moon falls in your 3rd house- look also to the 9th house for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this Full Moon falls in your 2nd house- look also to the 8th house for balance.