Capricorn New Moon 19 Capricorn 13’
Capricorn New Moons are always about goals. I tend to think there’s a bit of a coincidence that they appear at the time of the year that you’re setting new goals and intentions…conspiracy theory anyone? (She asks, waggling her eyebrows in a a rather creepy way).
Capricorn New Moons are also always about patience and hope. Yes, you read that right too. After all, what is a goal other than a hope or a dream with a little structure and reality worked into it? A hope or a dream that you’re prepared to wait for, to work for?
Capricorn is also about resources- your personal ones and those that are at your disposal. Think about your energy levels and how and where you are employing them and depleting them. Where have you been so hellbent on achieving and measuring up that you’ve forgotten how to relax?
With Pluto conjunct (albeit a little wide) this New Moon, and Uranus square it, make sure that any goals that you set are goals that are authentic to you, and will help your get to where you truly need to be in the future. Make them realistic, practical, long range, and make them stretch targets. This is the future you that you’re creating.
If you’re the type who is into intentions rather than goals, avoid stating what you don’t want, or what you want to lose- at this time of the year, the Universe is especially busy multi-tasking and doesn’t have time to sit around waiting to hear all the little words. It’s a little like when I say to my dog:
‘Hi Kali, after I finish editing this chapter, if the weather holds, we’ll go for a walk.’
‘Blah Kali, blah blah blah blah walk.’
Using this logic, ‘I want to lose 20 kgs,’ could be construed as ‘blah 20 kgs.’
I set my 2016 intentions yesterday and wrote about them on and anyways.
When I first wrote them all down- and I just wrote and wrote- most of what I had written was a “how.” A heap of things that would get me to where I was going: more tasks than end-points. And it did my head in. Instead, I bundled everything into categories and asked myself why I wanted what I wanted.
I now have a list that’s tough, but achievable with effort.
Doing it for yourself…
This year we’re doing things a little differently. You should, if you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site, duck across and check out this post before you go any further. Now, let’s set our intentions. You’ll need the information in this post. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. The types of targets you can check in on each month when the Moon is in Capricorn. The types of targets that you can look back on this time next year and pat yourself on the back for. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon falls in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon falls in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon falls in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon falls in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon falls in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon falls in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon falls in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon falls in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon falls in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon falls in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon falls in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon falls in your 2nd house.
Often times absolutely nothing will happen…or seem to happen…even if you are receiving a direct contact. When it comes to the moon, the effects are usually quite subtle.
If you haven’t been doing so, why not try journaling your lunar journey- you’ll be surprised how, in hindsight, more has been going on than you might have thought.