New Moon 31/10/16 3.38am (Sydney time- so, 30/10/16 if you’re on the other side of the world) 7 Scorpio 43’
We have a New Moon early tomorrow (Sydney time), this time in Scorpio. That means that we are now in the dark, or balsamic phase of the Moon. The time of the month we finish off, pack away, banish the banishables.
One ritual I like to follow is to clean out something in those days before the New Moon- to metaphorically make space, a clean surface for the new cycle.
I’ve been talking to a few people over the last few days who’ve been talking about removing from their diet foods that aren’t doing them any good. Seriously, is there any better time of the year to do some elimination work than at the Scorpio New Moon? Scorpio is, after all, the sign that rules getting rid of waste, shall we say- elimination of the crap that doesn’t do you any good.
Scorpio is that shadowy place where we pack away all of our deepest fears and our deepest desires. It’s everything we repress, keep a lid on, hide away, yearn for. Scorpio is pleasure and it’s pain, with a very fine line between the two. It’s grudges, grievances, and anything else that we’re not prepared to release.
Scorpio is where we go below the surface to find meaning, solutions, complete healing and transformation. Scorpio is also about power and facing those fears in order to get to your talents and achieve those desires. And there is nothing that has more power over you than fear. I recall reading something by Eric Francis of Planet Waves where he said “most people who are scared are actually horny but don’t know what to do about it.” I would also add that fear gets in the way of you doing anything about it.
Fear also provides you with the completely mistaken idea that you are in control. So, you stay safe, you say no, you build boundaries around yourself- to stop people getting in and to stop yourself from getting out. And all the while you fool yourself that in doing so you have control. Until you don’t.
This New Moon falls at 7 Scorpio 43’. The Moon, in Scorpio, is in the sign of her fall- in a place where she doesn’t operate in a way she feels comfortable. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. Rather than being nutritive and emotionally comfortable, in Scorpio she is penetrative, paranoid and divinely focused. She is also ravenously hungry. Hungry for desire, hungry for passion, hungry for power, hungry for control, hungry for revenge- hungry.
Sometimes it might feel like more than you can handle, that the temptation is just too…tempting. The hunger keeps you awake at night. You dream it, you replay missed opportunities in your head- things you should have said and done, things you wish you hadn’t said and done. The implications, the complications of diving in too deep.
We can do two things with this appetite:
- Bury the feelings deep down. Dig a big hole in the middle of your soul, throw in the stuff that scares the crap out of you, but that you want so much, heap in 6 tonne of soil and secure it with a big, heavy wrought iron lid…and a key. Then sit back and try not to think about what you have missed out on. Let the discontent fester as you feed it from the fridge or the wine cellar- feeding all the gaps that were left when you locked your desires away. Create a few excuses- a few logical reasons why you haven’t fulfilled your potential, grabbed those opportunities, told that one person how you really feel about them.
- Strip Fear of the power you have given her and use it to fuel your courage to do the things that fear has stopped you from doing in the past. Reclaim that power for yourself. Eliminate those beliefs, behaviours and people that are doing you no good. Let them go- sure you may miss them, but not for long. Look deep into yourself and see the truth- you can handle it. Then get out there and do it- all of it. Seriously, how hard can it be?
Wow, that’s all a little philosophical and astro-guffy, but do you get my meaning?
Essentially this New Moon is asking you to either do the stuff that scares the shit out of you, or bury it. It’s that simple. Just remember- the shit you do bury has a habit of getting dug back up- and then it’s all decayed and manky and even more scary and unpleasant than when it went in the ground. Your call.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 7 Scorpio 43’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
As for me? This New Moon falls exactly on my nodal axis (yep, sounds painful). And when I say exactly, that’s exactly what I mean. The New Moon is at 7 Scorpio 43’, and my South Node is at 7 Scorpio 44’. In a way it will be a little like a personal solar eclipse for me. In the 8th, I suspect it will have something to do with money: specifically debt or other people’s money. The south node is sort of like your karmic DNA- the habitual patterns that you continue to repeat, while the north node is learning your way forward. Whatever this represents, it will be interesting.
And, given a trine to natal Mercury from the New Moon, I suspect there’ll be news or a message of some description involved. Who knows? In any case, it feels fitting that it’s falling on Halloween…