Continuing my mini-series of key planetary aspects for 2017…
The problem with change is it can be disruptive and chaotic. All too often we wait until it’s absolutely too late and things are tough and we’re in pain before we do some tweaking. The result is then reactive and often catastrophic – when it absolutely doesn’t need to be.
The thing is, there’s a heap of changes – revolutionary changes, evolutionary changes – that you can make without having to break something that’s working ok. It’s fine to make changes from within your – or to your – existing structures.
Let’s break it down:
- Saturn is about reality, commitment, boundaries, discipline, structures, protective barriers. Saturn is the teacher that wants you to mature and become wiser, and well prepared for when Jupiter opportunities come your way.
- Uranus is about sudden changes, the future, restlessness, individuality. Uranus wants you to be exactly who you are meant to be and not who you think you should be – or who other people happen to think that you should be.
- Trines are about ease and flow. Whatever is going to happen will happen quickly and relatively easily. Obstacles will be removed. This doesn’t mean that it will be good or painless, just that whatever is going to happen will happen quickly and relatively easily! Sounds good?
Ok, so putting it all together, what does it mean?
Saturn is about old, well-worn and dependable ways of doing things, and Uranus is future-focused and innovative. Normally these two concepts contradict each other – which is, of course, where trouble lies. Under the trine, however, the energies are balanced.
The same concept applies to the energy of each. Saturn tends to slow down energy, or constrict it, where Uranus is about short bursts of intense and spontaneous or unplanned activity. The trine balances this out too – meaning that disciplined focus and bursts of inspiration can coexist.
Whatever you do during this period, it should be working towards some type of long term and sustainable change.
This aspect was exact on Christmas Day. It will be again on 19/5/17 and 11/11/17.
Who is impacted?
While Saturn trine Uranus will form part of the astro weather forecast for all of us during May and November, the people most impacted will be:
- Anyone whose Ascendant or Sun is ruled by Saturn or Uranus – that means Capricorn or Aquarius. More specifically:
- In May: Saturn trine Uranus will be exact at 26 Sagittarius/Aries. Anyone with planets (especially personal planets) or chart points at between 24-28 Aries, Sagittarius, Leo will be able to reap the benefits.
- In November: Saturn trine Uranus will be exact at 25 Sagittarius/Aries. Anyone with planets (especially personal planets) or chart points at between 23-27 Aries, Sagittarius, Leo will be able to reap the benefits..
Not sure if this is you?
Duck back and check out the toolkit I published the other day for all the links you need.
The problem with a trine is when nothing happens and the energy is wasted. That can be fine with other planets, but when Saturn suggests that you should be doing something, it’s not really a suggestion, ok?
During times of relative stability it can be all too easy to settle into business as usual. The thing is, this aspect is asking you to make some changes, and to ignore that request is to leave yourself open to a tougher time when Saturn next makes a difficult aspect. Tweak what should be tweaked now. If you delay or put it off until it has to be tweaked, it won’t happen nearly as easily. Just saying.
Tomorrow: Jupiter sextile Saturn