So anyways, it’s my Solar Return tomorrow, and birthday on Thursday. That means it’s time to take a look back at last years Solar Return, and a look forward to the next one.
The brief return to corporate wasn’t as brief as I’d expected- I’m still there. It’s absolutely helped from a paying down debts, getting back on top of the finances point of view.
Did my chick lit novel get picked up? No. But it got close enough that I gave up waiting for permission and decided to take control myself. Typical 12th house Jupiter- so so so so nearly…
The Saturn stuff with hubby’s work certainly transpired- it was with us all year- and is still hanging around- as Saturn stuff tends to do.
In Saturn time lord style, I set goals and kept them.
Now, onto this year…
What sign is the Ascendant in?
This year my SR Ascendant is in Scorpio.
There is a feeling that this year will be one of intensity and stiletto sharp focus.
Check out the ruler of the Ascendant
I work on traditional rulerships when it comes to return charts, so Mars is the ruler of my Ascendant this year.
In Aries, Mars is in the sign of his rulership. But, he’s about as exactly conjunct Uranus as it’s possible to be, and in the 6th house- where he isn’t particularly comfortable.
What this does mean is that my routines probably won’t be routines- at the very least, they’ll be turned on their head. For me to make sense of this year, I’ll have to roll with the changes and take the initiative into my own hands.
Lets just say that the year has started this way- so much random chaos!
What House is the SR Sun in?
This is the area of life that is most in focus for the next 12 months. Mine is in the 5th. Creativity, self expression, kids- both the one I’ve given birth to and my created babies. It’s a big year on that front. Miss nearly 17 is in her last year at school and has major exams looming. Plus, my created babies are to be released to the world.
What part of life is being brought to the Ascendant?
Which natal house is being brought to the Ascendant? In my case it’s the 9th. Publishing, travel- it’s all on the agenda.
What aspects are made by the Sun?
The Sun is conjunct Chiron and trine the Moon. I have Sun conjunct Chiron natally, so it’s a reinforcement of what is already in my chart. The Sun and Moon are harmonious- both in water signs.
Where is the SR Moon?
This year it’s in Scorpio. It’s in the 1st and it’s trine the Sun.
Are there any planets on the angles of the SR chart?
Yes…the Moon. Jupiter is also relatively close to the MC. I like that.
Check out also:
Much as you would a normal chart, are the planets scattered or concentrated in one hemisphere of the chart.
This year the solar return chart is mostly in the southern hemisphere. This will be a year relying on my internal resources- the stuff that comes from within me. There’s an emphasis on the 5th and 6th houses. It’s interesting that Jupiter is the only planet above the horizon. That’s fitting.
Much as you would a natal chart check out the position and condition of planets ruling your money house or relationship houses.
Even though this is essentially a transit chart, it is still interesting to see. Jupiter rules the 2nd and is in the 10th house. I have everything crossed that this transpires in the way I want it to.
In the same vein, check out the ruler of the Midheaven.
It’s the Sun, in the 5th house. I’m liking how this is coming together.
Are any planets or points in the natal chart brought to angles in the SR Chart?
Are any planets or points in the degree of the nodes?
Are any planets or points in the critical degrees of a sign? Ie 0 or 29?
Yes- Midheaven (and, therefore IC) are at 0 Leo and Aquarius respectively.
A Different Sort of Time Lord- Annual Profections & the Solar Return
So this year, on my (gulp) 48th birthday, I have moved into a 1st house or Pisces profected year. This means that Jupiter, as the ruler of Pisces, is my “Time Lord” for the year. This planet will be sensitive to giving and receiving transits and progressions over the coming 12 months. The concerns of this planet will be important this year.
Examine the condition of the Time Lord in the natal chart:
|Houses ruled by the Time Lord in the Natal Chart||1st and 10th|
|House Time Lord occupied in the natal chart||5th|
- Condition of the Time Lord in the natal chart: Jupiter in Cancer is in the sign of his exaltation.
- Examine the condition of the Time Lord in the Solar Return Chart: Jupiter is retrograde and trine Mars and Uranus in the SR chart.
- Which house in the natal chart does 13 Leo (the position of the Time Lord in the SR chart) fall? This is the natal 5th house. Yep, I’m seeing the pattern too.
- Does the position of the Time Lord in the SR chart form an aspect to the natal position of the Time Lord? By sign is enough. No.
Look at the strength of the Time Lord in the SR chart. The better the condition, the more ability the planet has to act on your side in the coming year- even if it is a malefic like Saturn.
- Is it in a sign where it has dignity through rulership or exaltation (see the table in last years post). No.
- Does it have accidental dignity ie does it have more strength by being close to the angles or the cusps of the 1st, 4th, 7th or 10th houses? Yes, in the 10th.
- Is it retrograde? Yes.
- Is it combust ie does it fall within 8.5 degrees of the Sun? There is no greater affliction as the planet is said to be blinded & unable to see clearly. No.
- Is it cazimi ie with 17’ from being exactly conjunct the Sun? This is, in contrast, as really good thing as the planet is considered to be in the heart of the king. Note, to be either combust or cazimi, it must be in the same sign as the Sun. No.
- Is the Time Lord aspected by either of the malefics (Mars or Saturn) or the benefics (Venus or Jupiter)? By sign is enough. Trine Mars (and Uranus), and a wide trine to Venus.
- Aspects to the Nodes. Any time the SR Time Lord conjoins the natal nodal axis is a big year.
Check out the repetitions. The 5th, 10th, 2nd and 6th are repeating themes….and remember, the Solar Return can only deliver to the promise of the natal chart!