I was talking to a friend the other day while I was out walking. Whenever I can, I like to do that- walk, that is- over my lunch break.
After covering the usual topics- travel, work, travel, food, Bali, travel, gossip, travel, diet, food- we got to talking about age- well, we got to talking about my age.
‘You know, I’m not as worried about turning 50 as I was about turning 40,’ I said. I think she was a little skeptical- she was around when I turned 40. There was nothing moderate about that.
‘That’s because you’re a completely different person to who you were at 40,’ she said.
‘Yeah, 20kgs different.’
‘No,’ she said, ‘you’re a different person. You’ve grown into yourself.’
It’s true. I’m much more secure in my personal and creative identity than I was back then.
The thing is, we’re all a work in progress as we go about creating the version of ourselves that we want to create. This is at the heart of Leo. Yet doing this, expressing this- our talents, passions, voice- all require you to take risks…all require a great big, brave heart.
Leo, ruled by the Sun, is about ego, self-expression, creativity. It follows then, that the Leo New Moon is the most creative of new starts.
With Leo, though, the fear of potential exposure of someone standing up and pointing the finger and exposing you as a fraud is ever present. Wherever Leo is in your chart is where this matters. This is where it’s extra hard to risk a no to get a yes. Your challenge is to find heart, strength and courage without losing yourself in the process. The key here is not to lose sight of the things that make your heart sing.
Check out where this falls in your chart. It is that part of life where you are being asked to look for courage and strength, but above all self-expression, generosity and creativity. It is where you are being asked to follow your heart and be who you are, not who you should be. There is a difference.
Think about this. Think about the things and people you have fun with. Have you forgotten how to play? When setting your intentions for this New Moon, consider these questions and set yourself a challenge- to do something fun, to play a little (or a lot)…because you want to…because you’re worth it.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 10 Leo 57’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post. Mars is about to move back into Sagittarius, so whatever intentions you set, make sure they push some boundaries.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
As for me? This New Moon makes no aspects to my chart. It does, however, fall in the 5th house. I’ve just started some work with someone else to basically blow my own trumpet, so the intentions I’m setting are in relation to the creative goals I’d like to achieve within the next 12 months:
- Publish two fiction novels- Wish You Were Here and I Want You Back- launch on all platforms
- Publish an astro e-book putting together all the Toolbox classes- launching it to Amazon only
- Re-do the cover for Baby, It’s You and launch it to ibooks, Kobo and print on demand
- Launch Big Girls Don’t Cry on Kobo and print on demand
- Market the crap out of all of it!
The New Moon is exact at 6.44am August 3, Sydney time. For those of you in the Northern hemisphere, that makes it sometime on Tuesday- depending on where you are…