We haven’t met, so here’s a bit about me…
I live in Sydney, Australia with my long suffering Scorpio hubby, my (Aries) teenage daughter, and a cocker spaniel who specializes in doing flop dog impersonations.
I’m an astrologer and a writer- but you’ve probably already gathered that because you’re reading this blog.
I haven’t always been an astrologer. An Economist and Political Scientist (by degree), I’ve spent most of the last 25 years in Banking and IT. I still juggle a full-time corporate gig with domestic divadom, astrology blogging and fiction writing.
Astrology isn’t some magic wand that will magically spirit all your problems away, land you the partner of your dreams, or the ideal job. Nor does it provide a set of excuses as to why you haven’t made that first million at 30 and why you still need to lose 20kgs (or is that just me?). What it does do is give you tools- tools that will help you understand your motivations, your needs and your energies. You choose what you do with that knowledge.
My brand of astrology is DIY astrology- the type that will help you to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Or not. That’s up to you. It’s a little like home renovation, but it’s your life, and we use the stars. It’s all about the potential.
My aim is to make astrology accessible and relevant to everyday life and everybody. This means that I’ll take a concept and try my very best to take the complexity out of it. It also means that I’ll try and have a little fun with it.
If you want to stick around for the ride (and I hope you do…), we’ll take everyday astrology, bring it into the real world, use it to enhance potential, manage challenges and maybe even share a laugh. You’ll soon learn that I take very little seriously.
Random Facts about me
- I’m most afraid of judgement, business as usual, commitment, partitions and clearly defined job descriptions.
- I most dislike people who are walking “ists.” I have no tolerance for intolerance.
- I have a portable soap-box that I jump on from time to time in my other role as Queen of Lost Causes.
- I have a pathological dislike of bell curves.
- Environmentally, I’m “lime” green instead of “green” green. I recycle, and eat organically when I can, and use the air conditioning and clothes dryer when I shouldn’t.
- Politically I’m “pink,” and spiritually I’m open minded.
- I believe that there is a Pet Shop Boys song or episode of Absolutely Fabulous or Sex and the City applicable for all life issues.
- Most of my blog post titles are song lyrics.
- I take a lot of photos, write a lot of words, and have more cookbooks than I have years left to use them.
- I’m only interested in happy endings.
- My passport is my most precious possession. Travel is my escape, my motivation, my inspiration and my escape into inspiration.
- I don’t complain about airline food…mostly…
- I’m a great starter, but not so good at follow through.
- I firmly believe the Statute of Limitations of UnFinished Projects (UFP’s) should be reduced to 3 years.
- I hate shopping- unless it’s in a Melbourne laneway or an Asian village market.
- My mantra is “Seriously, how hard can it be?”