Back to work this week and I am deep into planning mode. So, at the request of my Taurus colleague, here are the retrograde dates for the rest of 2011.
Note, the dates are for Sydney (as always)…
During any retrograde cycle of any planet we bring our attentions within. The energy of the planet is intensified, and that energy is brought within.
Depending on the nature of the planet & area of life being transited, think about the re words:
- Take the time to recharge your batteries
- Revise your goals
- Review your bright ideas
- Regain your faith in the future
- Recommit to habits, goals, the things you need to recommit to
- Reconnect with colleagues & friends you haven’t seen or spoken to for some time
- Renew and refresh whatever is jaded and old
- Revisit places, books, movies that mean something to you
- Rest and relax
Mercury is retrograde about 3 times a year. In 2011, Mercury is retrograde:
- 30 March 2011- 22 April 2011 24 Aries- 12 Aries (Shadow 17/3/11-11/5/11)
- 3 August 2011- 25 August 2011 1 Virgo- 18 Leo (Shadow 15/7/11- 10/9/11)
- 24 November 2011- 13 December 2011 20 Sagittarius- 3 Sagittarius (Shadow 5/11/11- 1/1/12)
When Mercury is retrograde, this is your signal to slow down, go within, review, revise, rewind. We review and revise in our head the nature of the area of life this retrograde is happening in for us. With our brains occupied in a different way we lose focus on what is happening around us- and that is when things happen.
Mercury is the planet of communication- the process of getting messages out and about. This is why the main things that are impacted during Mercury retrograde periods are things like:
- Appointment times
- Travel times & arrangements
- Computers, phones & other electronic devices
- Getting to & from places
- Contracts and other documents
To mitigate the possible damage:
- Re-confirm appointments
- Check & re-check your travel arrangements
- Insure your luggage and tickets and make sure you have copies of all travel documents- preferably not in your bag
- Avoid mechanical problems, by making sure your car services are up to date
- Back up computers
- Avoid purchasing any major technology over this period
- Avoid signing contracts, but if you have to, make sure you have read & re-read all the fine print
- If you must commence a new project, do the scoping work carefully- and seriously people, we should be doing this anyway!
You will notice that this year all Mercury retrogrades are in fire signs. Fire Mercury is assertive and, impulsive, demonstrative and energetic. So when Mercury is retrograde in the fire signs or, in your own chart, in the fire houses (1st, 5th & 9th) expect:
- Decisions made impulsively may be regretted later
- Discussions & communication to be more combative & aggressive than usual
- Ideas come fast & furious but may be abandoned just as quickly
- Even if a decision is incorrect it may be implemented as course is difficult to change and integrated closely with pride, confidence & ego.
- Questions of faith & spiritualism may be raised
- Ideas may be exaggerated & over-elaborated
Saturn is retrograde from 26 January 2011 at 17 Libra until 12 June 2011 at 10 Libra.
Saturn rules the supports, structures, rules and responsibilities in our life. In theory, Saturn is the fun cop who says “no, it is time you went home young lady,” when every part of you is crying out to say yes. When Saturn is retrograde, he is sending you back to your room to think very carefully about what you are doing, goals you have started working towards and the commitments you have made. It is sort of like a planetary cooling off period when it is OK to re-assess and change direction or re-assess and say “no”. This is not the time to make new commitments or start new projects, but great to sort out just what you want out of existing goals.
Saturn retrogrades give you time to sort your shit out, get rid of any frustrations and re-think the viability of any promises you have already made.
The area of life Saturn is retrograde in is emphasised and needs defining. If it is the 7th, relationships will need to be defined. If it is the 2nd, money issues and values will come to the forefront. With Saturn in Libra in 2011, goals and ambitions will be looked at in terms of relationships & moderation.
The structures that are built during a Saturn retrograde will stand you in good stead once he starts to move forward again.