Thursday 5 September, 2013
New Moon in Virgo
The problem with habits is that in order to be defined as one, you actually have to do the thing that’s going to be a habit more than once.
Sad but true.
Now, those of you out there with more fixed energy in your charts, and more Saturn than I would be rolling your eyes about now.
The thing is, there’s a vast chasm, a great empty canyon of space between what I know I should be doing, my intentions and….what I should be doing. The mind is willing, but the spirit very easily distracted…or something like that.
Anyways, at this time of the year I get to thinking a lot about habits- mostly bad, some good, some new, some ancient.
I’ll make a declaration, it might be a blanket statement about giving up alcohol, wheat, carbs after 3pm. It might be a declaration about training twice a day…no excuses. It could even be something about never ever ever letting the weeds in my garden get to triffid height, or taking vitamins, probiotics and those fishy things that are supposed to help my joints each morning.
I like to think that I can do it once, and it will be ingrained. Yes, seriously.
Three things are inherently wrong with this scenario:
- I have an abundance of mutable planets in my chart, as such change is second nature…habits are not so…unless they are bad, fun, unhealthy ones. Instead I should be building on one habit a week, cementing it, and then trying another. That’s what I’d tell me if I was sitting in front of me having an astrology reading and bitching and complaining about not being about to stick at anything.
- I have a whopping great opposition in my chart: ASC/Sun/Moon in Pisces vs Uranus and Pluto in Virgo. As a result I go from chaos to control faster than a Ferrari can do the 0-60 thing. All or nothing, perfection or crap seems to be my modus operandi when moderation and middle ground should be what I’m aiming for. That’s what I’d tell me if I was sitting in front of me having an astrology reading and bitching and complaining about not being able to find a balance.
- Life is messy. Very messy, and very rarely heads in a straight line. I might be great for, oh, hours…sometimes even days….then I hit a bump and things fall apart. It’s at this point that the old habits jump back up and down “pick me, pick me” they yell. Ok. Sure, I say.
At the Virgo New Moon we have the opportunity to do a little house cleaning, a little sprucing up of habits. It might be an efficiency wake-up call, a gentle dust down, or you could be needing the full on premium service overhaul. That’s your call.
Where 13 Virgo 04’ falls in your chart is the area of life requiring a little Virgo attention to detail. In my case it’s my 6th house, so my daily and healthy (or otherwise) habits, my work routines and the work that I “outsource.”
I know that my nutrition and training are in need of a tad more than some tweaking. I’ve been on and off the wagon too often over the past few months.
So too my work habits. I tend to say yes when I should be saying no, and find myself investing time and energy in things that get in the way of what I really want to be doing. This undiscriminating Piscean needs a little more Virgo discrimination, me thinks. Yes, my act needs cleaning up.
The message for this New Moon is threefold:
- The perfection trap. This is Virgo, after all. Repeat after me- there is no such thing, so accept it and give yourself a break.
- Deviations and bumps. There will be both. Accept it.
- Life is messy. This can be fun…or not…. Either way, it’s a statement of fact, so again, accept it.
The technical details:
New Moon at 13 Virgo 04’
NZ: Thursday 5/9/13 11.36pm
Sydney: Thursday 5/9/13 9.36pm
WA, SE Asia: Thursday 5/9/13 7.36pm
NY etc: Thursday 5/9/13 7.36am
LA etc: Thursday 5/9/13 4.36am