Full Moons are the culmination of a cycle, the high point, the, well, full point of something you’ve been working on. It’s like a spotlight, a high beam on whatever part of life the Full Moon is falling in. Often it’s a realization, a light bulb moment. Sometimes it’s an event, although often times that “event” is nothing more than you suddenly knowing something that you’ve sort of always known.
When it comes to lunations ie New Moons or Full Moons, we often forget all about our basic transit theory.
Normally we wouldn’t worry too much about Moon transits. Sure they can trigger a longer lasting, more developmental, outer planet transit that’s been brewing, but other than that a transit by the Moon brings little more than a change in planetary weather. Besides, the Moon moves so quickly, you could go mad, or at least cross eyed, plotting each and every Moon transit.
At the Full or New Moon, though, it’s worth having a look at what’s really going on, and whether it’s bringing to light, exposing something, that’s been hidden below the surface of your daily busyness.
How to interpret what this Full Moon means for you?
Check out where the Full Moon falls in your chart
- This Full Moon is at 24 Scorpio (or thereabouts), so pull out your birth-chart, and look for 24Scorpio. The Scorpio symbol looks something like and M with its tail shooting up like an arrow…(see the pic above)…
- If you need a refresher on getting your chart, go to this post.
- What house is that in?
- If you need a refresher on what each house means, go to this post.
Does the Full Moon make any aspects to planets or points in your chart?
- If you have planets at 22-26 degrees of Scorpio, they will be conjunct the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 22-26 Taurus, they will be opposite the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 22-26 Aquarius or Leo, they will be square the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 22-26 Cancer or Pisces, they will be trine the Full Moon
- If you have planets at 22-26 Virgo or Capricorn, they will be sextile the Full Moon
- Don’t forget to include chart points as well (ie house cusps- especially the 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th).
What is the nature of the aspect
What is the nature of the aspect? This will tell you whether the transit will be “easy” or “hard”- and that doesn’t mean “good” or “bad.”
- When the Moon is conjunct a planet or chart point, her energy is fused with that planet. She takes over that planet. Her energy is stronger than the planet she is invading.
- When the Moon is opposing a planet or chart point, “someone or something “out there” is doing something to you and furthermore, it’s their fault.” A decision is necessary.
- When the Moon is square a planet or chart point, there is tension and frustration- something happens which will force you “into a mode of action that you have not yet explored…results stimulate actions rather than decisions.”
- When the Moon is trine a planet or chart point whatever is going to happen will happen quickly and relatively easily. Obstacles will be removed. This doesn’t mean that it will be good or painless, just that whatever is going to happen will happen quickly and relatively easily.
- When the Moon is sextile a planet or chart point opportunities may arise.
- What house is the Moon in natally? What house is the planet being transited by the Moon in natally? These areas will be where the transit starts to happen.
- What house is Moon transiting? This is where the main action will be occurring.
- What house/s is ruled by the Moon natally? What house is ruled natally by the planet being transited? These are the areas of life that will be affected by the outcome of the transit.
This Scorpio Full Moon falls in my 9th house, conjunct Neptune. It’s also trine Jupiter and the Moon and sextile Uranus. Use an orb (or distance) of just 2 degrees- unless the Moon, Sun or Ascendant is being aspected- it which case, I’ll go out to 4.
So, if I was to DIY what this Moon means to me, it might look something like this…it highlights the same houses headlined in the Virgo Full Moon…which brings me to my next point- the more you do of these things, the more you’ll see the patterns and hear the messages:
Aspect 1: Full Moon conjunct Neptune
- Natally, the Moon is in the first house for me. This is where I’m feeling it- in me- my behaviour, my vitality, how I nurture (Moon) myself (1st house)
- Neptune is in the 9th. This is about travel, publishing, widening of viewpoints and boundaries. Neptune in the 9th has also been known to be where some, shall we say, excesses can be found. The less said about that the better
- The Moon is transiting my 9th house. Hello, I’m in Bali…& still hankering for that publishing deal.
- The Moon rules my 5th house- this is where the outcome will be. The fact is, unless I do prioritise my tasks, and let some things go, what will suffer is my creativity- and without that, I don’t have me.
- Neptune rules my 1st house.
Aspect 2: Moon trine Jupiter
- Jupiter is in the 5th house. Yes, I’m already feeling like the fun cop has come calling.
- As above, the Moon is transiting the 7th.
- The Moon rules my 5th, Jupiter rules my 10th and is co-ruler of my 1st.
Aspect 3: Moon sextile Uranus
- Uranus is in the 7th house
- Uranus rules my 11th
Now, look at what this means in light of the Scorpio Full Moon. What are you scared of seeing, scared of losing? For more ideas, check out this post.
My dream is one where I write, publish, travel and teach for a living. That’s the 1st, 9th, 10th and 5th houses taken care of. Creativity (5th) nurtures me- this makes sense- it’s the house that is ruled by the Moon, and the house that holds my (traditional) chart ruler, and the ruler of my 10th house- Jupiter.
Just lately- since I’ve been working fulltime again- I’ve been grappling with that compromise between earning steadily and where my dream and individuality sits within that framework.
To be honest, I’ve fallen into bad habits again (Neptune in the 9th) and the only writing I’ve been doing has been for deadlines or my blogs. My dream of a publishing contract and writing for a living, seems further away than ever- unless I do something about it.
And that’s where the fears come in. I’m scared- of failure, success, and a lot more beside. Deeply scared. I’m scared of what independence and non conformity (Uranus) does to my relationships, and how what I earn impacts the power balance (Scorpio). Acknowledging the fears is the first step…doing something about it is the next. And under a Scorpio Full Moon nothing but complete honesty will do the job.
Get the idea? Try it yourself.