Not sure if it is a coincidence, but today on the blog the search questions have been about possession, passion, commitment:
- Are Scorpio men controlling?
- Emotional control- Mars in Scorpio
- Moon in Scorpio man won’t forgive
- Scorpio man jealous?
- How do I hold onto my Aries man?
- Moon in Scorpio man obsessive
- What does Scorpio do if he doesn’t get who he wants?
- How do I keep my Gemini man at home?
Get the idea?
And for the record, the short answer to each of these questions is:
- Yes. Absolutely.
- Yes- it protects them. According to him if you really loved him you would know what he is feeling anyway.
- No, he won’t. Ever. Deal with it. Nor will he ever say sorry if he is wrong.
- Yes…and he will somehow, someway know.
- Do you want to? Did that come out loud? Seriously, if you hold tight onto him he won’t be the free-wheeling & inspirational wonderful man you fell in love with. Just like Charlotte in Sex & the City with that man with the special talent (ladies, you know the episode I am talking about…) some men need to be released- he’ll stay if you make it interesting and challenging enough.
- Yes, but if, like me, you have Scorpio in Mars, this can be sort of sexy…for a little while.
- You end up on his list…& trust me, that is not a good place to be
- See above re Aries man. You fell in love with him for his sociability…thats a pretty special thing.
The common theme in all of these is intensity. And that is what Venus conjunct Pluto is all about.
But then, if you have Venus in Scorpio or Venus aspecting Pluto natally, you will know all about this. This is especially true of the conjunction, square, opposition & inconjunct. Yep, the inconjunct. I rarely use this aspect but for some reason when I see Venus & Pluto in tight inconjunct (150degrees) I take notice.
You may even know about this if you have Pluto in the 7th house or Venus in the 8th. For the record, I have Pluto in the 7th and Venus and Pluto exactly inconjunct. My relationships have a definite Scorpionic flavour that I readily admit.
So, Venus/Pluto contacts behave very like Venus in Scorpio. For a reminder on that one, check out my post Jealousy. Venus/Pluto contacts are passionate and intense. They can be controlling, possessive, obsessive and jealous. They can manipulate their partner using love and sex. They can be transformative and they can be dark indeed. Regardless of the Machiavellian tendencies, Venus/Pluto is honest.
And, with this conjunction happening in Capricorn, reality and honesty is very necessary to effect lasting change in relationships. Playing it by the rules and within approved structures, so to speak. To take it one step further, you could use this conjunction in your business relationships to fuel power and ambition…just a thought.
Don’t just look at your own chart here. Think about that of those you are in relationships with. A Venus/Pluto contact can happen through synastry. It can occur if you are involved with someone who has a Venus/Pluto signature. There may be someone in your life who forces you to see something about yourself that you wanted to keep hidden. There may be someone in your life that transforms you, brings you to life. There could be someone who helps you destroy something which is no longer good. There may be someone who you allow to control you, or manipulate you or possess you. If you look at the charts of these people, it is likely that you will find a Scorpio or Venus/Pluto aspect there…or even an 8th house contact by synastry. Have a think about it.
So when Venus and Pluto hook up, it is very like that one night stand that changed you in some way. The sex may have been incredibly good or incredibly bad- it doesn’t matter. What matters is the transformative experience. In Capricorn, just make sure you lay down the ground rules first :).
The technical details: Venus/Pluto conjunction is exact early afternoon Thursday (Sydney time), but the influence will continue to be felt through until Friday. If you have planets or chart points (look mainly at the personal planets ie Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Ascendant, Midheaven) at or around 5-7 degrees Capricorn, Aries, Libra, Cancer you will feel this intensity. Planets at 5-7 degrees Pisces, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo will also be influenced.
If you are a Venus/Pluto type natally, this universal aspect is likely to feed into your own story.