As I’ve mentioned before, things have been in a state of constant flux this year. There’s been insecurity around many of our core structures: jobs, housing, income, and some very important friendships have all had foundations rattled.
Around the last New Moon I made the difficult decision to resign my job. It was difficult because I’ve made some good friends where I work- and I’ll miss all of them. In a way, though, the decision was easier in that this is something I needed to deliberately step away from in order to clear the space in my head to make other decisions.
At present the guilt I have over leaving is weighing very heavily on my heart- like a physical weight- and although I’m trying not to own it, I am. I guess though, that’s the thing with endings. You know you have to go through the pain of them in order to see the beginning that’s waiting somewhere beyond it.
It’s all very in line with tomorrows Cancer New Moon. I don’t know whether leaving this job is the right thing to do, but at present it feels as though it’s the only thing I can do- that the rest will somehow start to make sense. That’s the thing with New Moons- we take the leap in the dark, and gradually we start to see an outline take shape.
As stressful as this job can be- it’s also been a comfort blanket of sorts and, at times, a distraction from other things closer to home. In concentrating on other peoples’ problems, needs, and requirements. I’ve had a legitimate reason for putting myself last. It’s a weird concept to find comfort in discomfort, yet so many of us do it. We hang on and on and on- way past when we should be hanging on…way past the best by date of whatever it is that we’re hanging on to…way past the point at which whatever it is we’re hanging onto is causing more harm than good. Yet, still we do it. We might attempt to justify it to ourselves with comments like:
He/she/they need me
I feel guilty
Who will do it?
Better the devil you know…
But in the good times…
Yet, in order to continue to grow, to flourish, sometimes we have to step away from the excuses that hold us in place and help us feel secure. After all, the alternative is unknown- and we’re scared of that.
The Moon is now in the balsamic phase, so if ever there was a shot at letting go, it is now. This is the Moon’s New Moon, so what better time to start a new cycle than with a clean slate and no attachments- and yes, I know that it’s easier said than done.
Cancer New Moons always bring issues of mother, home, family, self-care and self- nutrition to the forefront. New Moons allow for a fresh burst of energy. Given that Pluto is in in the mix (in opposition), whatever transformation is on the cards won’t be easy, but it will matter. It also means that whatever is going on for you, the root of it is at a soul level- and you can’t faff about with the integrity of that. Besides, the Universe has a habit of shifting you in the direction of where you need to be- especially when Pluto is involved. Whether you’re ready or not.
Doing it for yourself…
If you’ve been reading along, you should know how to find where the New Moon is happening in your chart. If you’re new to this site (welcome), duck across and check out this post before you go any further.
The position you’re looking for is 12 Cancer 53’…or thereabouts.
Now, let’s set our intentions. Think about the area of life you’re focusing on and set small achievable targets. Make sure that you do at least one thing towards this goal this month. If you’re unsure where to start, check out this post.
- How do the concerns of this house make you feel?
- How would you like to feel about them?
- What positive steps can you take over the next four weeks to minimise the gap between how you feel about this are and how you’d like to feel?
*****Write it down!!!!!!!!!!******
If you don’t have any idea about your birth time, or can’t be faffed working it out, you can follow the solar guide:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, this New Moon will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this New Moon will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this New Moon will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this New Moon will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this New Moon will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this New Moon will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun of Ascendant is in Capricorn, this New Moon will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this New Moon will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this New Moon will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this New Moon will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this New Moon will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this New Moon will be in your 2nd house.
Wherever Cancer is in your chart is the area of life that is for you ruled by the Moon. It’s where you look for comfort, and nurturing…and self-nurturing. Are there any core needs that you’re over-looking? If you’re comfort eating, look at what you’re trying to avoid looking at…just saying…
For a few ideas, check out this post on New Moon Wishing.