Aquarius Full Moon 4 Aquarius 45’
6.20am 28 July 2018 East Coast Australia
Let me tell you something about ants.
We know that they work together in order to transport that bread-crumb or piece of cheese from your picnic table to wherever they need to. What we didn’t know is how they worked together.
(Those of you who know a little about Aquarius can see where I’m heading with this- am I right?)
The ant who found that breadcrumb knows she (and most of the heavy lifting in the ant world is done by the females) can’t do what she needs to do on her own. That’s where the community comes in.
There’s no jockeying for top position under the spotlight when you’re an ant. Nor is there a specific hierarchy or pecking order that needs to be followed. Rather than just knowing what to do or following a leader, they actually display a mix of conforming and erratic behaviours.
Some ants go with the flow, others run around looking for a new path forward. Sometimes the direction changes markedly. The leadership changes seamlessly without argument or grandstanding. It’s a little like the ant equivalent of kids sport where everyone has the turn to be the captain. In kids sport, it’s supposed to help build individual courage within the structure of a team. I’m not sure what the purpose is in the ant world – other than to get that breadcrumb off your picnic blanket and to wherever it needs to go.
This all leads me (of course it does) to the Aquarius Full Moon. It’s that balance between the individual and the collective, between self-expression and the joining of like minds, between creativity and collaboration. It’s the point where you take what you’ve created and send it out into the world to meet your hopes and dreams.
The Full Moon in Aquarius is all about acknowledging all the bits and pieces that make us individual, yet also all the bits and pieces that we have to work with in order to co-exist in society. The Full Moon in Aquarius is that point where we acknowledge that we quite simply can’t do it alone.
Socially cohesive tribes who have common goals, watch each other’s backs and trust each other have an awful lot of advantages. It’s not just about ants. Just watch schools of fish wheeling and turning together, presenting a united front to the shark who sees them simply as entrée course. The individual is less important than the tribe. All of their differences are brought together to form the whole…yet each still continues (assuming they don’t end up as dinner, that is) to exist and express themselves as an individual – however it is that fish express themselves, I guess…
We are tribal and social beings. To exist we need others. To achieve our personal goals we need interaction with others – regardless of whether we like them, tolerate them, agree with them or can identify with them.
As individuals, we form that conglomerate that is humanity, and as humanity, we need to recognize that every individual plays a part and deserves to be treated as such.
I understand all of that, yet some of us are more social than others – and some of us are more comfortable in a group than others are. I fall into the latter category. I’m uncomfortable in groups, conferences send me into a panic and as for networking? Yeah, nah…I’m shocking at it. But in my game – indie publishing – I have to learn to get over those fears and reach out to people.
Wherever 4 Aquarius falls in your chart is where you need to be thinking about the balance between self-expression (or ego) and the collective. Given that both Leo and Aquarius are fixed signs, achieving this balance and breaking through to the next level is probably going to involve turning some preconceived idea or long-held belief on its head. That’s ok – it’s stepping outside the group and doing a little erratic running around that can help you find a new way forward.
You just need the courage to do so – and that’s your call – and that’s where Mars comes into this eclipse. As I wrote earlier today, Mars is conjunct this eclipse, and this eclipse feels all about that. Mars is conjunct the south node and the south node is all about conditioned and comfortable behaviour – even if that is no longer doing you good.
It’s like that old saying about insanity being doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The message is one that if your habits aren’t getting you what you want, don’t just talk about it, do something about it.
One last thing, because this is an eclipse, if there is something that needs to be exposed or realised, there’s a good chance that it will happen – or at least begin to happen. Just saying.
What might the eclipse mean by house and sign? Check out this post by Jessica from Moonkissd.
Also by Jessica, this fabulous post about timing and what could potentially happen. Love it.
Doing it for yourself…
By now you should know the drill – if not, check out this post for a refresher.
If you’re not sure where 4 Aquarius 45’ is for you, simply use the solar guide below, and refer back to Series 1 of the Toolbox for pointers on what each of the houses means.
Get the idea? Why not try it for yourself…
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, this Full Moon falls in your 7th house. Look to the 1st for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, this Full Moon falls in your 6th house. Look to the 12th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, this Full Moon falls in your 5th house. Look to the 11th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, this Full Moon falls in your 4th house. Look to the 10th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, this Full Moon falls in your 3rd house. Look to the 9th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, this Full Moon falls in your 2nd house. Look to the 8th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, this Full Moon falls in your 1st house. Look to the 7th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, this Full Moon falls in your 12th house. Look to the 6th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, this Full Moon falls in your 11th house. Look to the 5th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, this Full Moon falls in your 10th house. Look to the 4th for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, this Full Moon falls in your 9th house. Look to the 3rd for balance.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer this Full Moon falls in your 8th house. Look to the 2nd for balance.