I hadn’t long been asleep last night when something woke me with a start. It was one of those wakes that you have out of the deepest of sleep when you’re seriously tired. One of those ones where you don’t know what woke you and where you are. Then a text vibrated through on my Fitbit – which I wear to bed so I can prove just how badly I sleep…and yes, I know it makes no sense either…and I realised that what had woken me was a call doing the same thing – even though my phone was on silent and the Fitbit doesn’t vibrate when it detects that I’m asleep. Enough with the hows and whys of the Fitbit and its vibrations.
The call wasn’t important – a mate drunk pocket dialling me – and the text was to say that my friend had hung up rather than left a message, so it wasn’t important either. What was important was that for a reason I still can’t fathom, I reached for my phone and checked Astro Gold.
Now, you’d think that being an astrologer that this was something I do all the time, but the sad fact is that since I haven’t been posting here, I rarely even look at what’s going on in the sky. I haven’t been ignoring it completely, it’s been more of oh, the night sky is light and this morning’s tide was high, there must be a full moon on the way…or prawns are a good price at the moment, there must have been a new moon…that sort of thing.
It isn’t that I’m disillusioned with it all, rather that I just haven’t been inspired to write or think about it. I’ve been writing and thinking about so many other things – as an aside, my next novel Happy Ever After is due out next week. I’ve timed the release for when:
- The Sun is conjunct my natal Neptune and trine natal Jupiter
- Saturn is sextile natal Mercury
- Pluto is square natal Venus (to the degree), trine itself and sextile my Sun
- Mars and the Moon are in Pisces and
- Jupiter is in Sagittarius
That, however, is by the by – although if you’re interested, pre-orders are available here.
I have, however, just started writing novel no. 7 (at the same time as I prepare to publish no. 5, edit no. 6 and hold down a day job) and the star of that particular show is Alice Delaney. What does that have to do with anything? Alice is an astrologer and very briefly appeared in my first novel Baby, It’s You.
It’s In The Stars is, however, the novel I’ve wanted to write at least since 2007 – perhaps longer. This is the novel that has been in my head since before I began studying astrology and long before I became an author of happy endings. It’s been in my head since Jupiter was last in Sagittarius.
Which brings me to the point of this rather rambling post. When I looked at Astro Gold at around 11 pm last night – that’s midnight everywhere else on the East Coast of Australia, Queensland not having daylight saving on account of the cows getting confused – I noticed that Jupiter was at 0 Sagittarius 00’.
When I looked at the time on my missed drunk pocket call and text alert it was, wait for it, the exact time that Jupiter moved into Sagittarius – around 10.39 pm my time.
Now, if that wasn’t a sign, I don’t know what is.
I was so inspired I vowed to start writing astro again – and finally get serious about pushing it out into the world. If that isn’t Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 10thhouse I don’t know what is. And yes, the repetition is deliberate.
Now, Jupiter has only just unpacked his bags and, as we all do when we come home after a long absence, will have things he wants to catch up on, drinks to have with mates and the like. That means I have a bit of time before I tell you what this could possibly mean for you.
Here’s a spoiler alert though – Jupiter is the third of the big hitters to return to home territory. Neptune is well and truly comfortable in Pisces, Saturn is doing what he does best in Capricorn, and now Jupiter is back where he belongs in Sagittarius.
For now, some homework. Look at the part of life that Sagittarius rules for you. If you’re unsure of this, or can’t be bothered working it out, you can follow the solar guide below:
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Sagittarius, Jupiter will be in your 1st house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Capricorn, Jupiter will be in your 12th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aquarius, Jupiter will be in your 11th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Pisces, Jupiter will be in your 10th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Aries, Jupiter will be in your 9th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Taurus, Jupiter will be in your 8th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Gemini, Jupiter will be in your 7th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Cancer, Jupiter will be in your 6th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Leo, Jupiter will be in your 5th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Virgo, Jupiter will be in your 4th house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Libra, Jupiter will be in your 3rd house.
- If your Sun or Ascendant is in Scorpio, Jupiter will be in your 2nd house.
Back with what this all means over the weekend.